DISTRIBUTION AND RESERVATION OF SEATS
(A) Distribution of seats
The seats shall be distributed as under:
1) All India Category including Haryana
2) Bonafide Residents of Haryana
(B) Reservation of seats for Bonafide Residents of Haryana
The seats will be reserved in Govt./ Govt. Aided/ Maintained college of
Education as per detail given below:
Quantum of reservation
Special Backward Classes
Economically Backward Persons in the General Category
Person with disability
In the event of quota reserved for Persons with Disabilities remain unutilized due
to non availability for suitable category of handicapped candidates, it may be offered
to the Ex-servicemen and their wards (1%) and the dependents of Freedom Fighters
Further, 3% Horizontal reservation is also provided to Ex-servicemen/Freedom Fighters
and their dependents by providing reservation within reservation of 1% of general
category, 1% out of Scheduled Castes and 1% from backward classes’ category
for admissions to the various educational institutions of the Government and Government
aided/institutes Located in Haryana. As far as block allocation in Block A and Block
B of Backward Classes Impairment/Persons suffering from Locomotor Disability or
Cerebral Palsy should be indicated clearly. For example, if Block A of Backward
Classes are given seats in the Academic year 2013, the next Block i.e. B Block of
category of Backward Classes will be given seats in the next academic year i.e.
2014 and so on. The Head of the Department concerned shall maintain the record for
Note: A roaster for reservation of Ex-Serviceman/Freedom
Fighter be maintained and carry forward all fractions till one seat is accumulated
through different fractions over the years. As and when the total comes one, a seat
will be provided in the prospectus. (Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana Letter No.
23/27/2004-2 GS III dated 5.12.2008 Annexure- XIII).
Criteria for providing the benefit of Reservation to special Backward Classes
Economically Backward persons in the General Caste Category
WELFARE OF SCHEDULED CASTES AND BACKWARD CLASSES DEPARTMENT
The 23rd January, 2013
No. 60 SW (1)-2013 The Governor of Haryana is pleased to provide 10% reservation
in jobs under Government/Government Undertakings and Local Bodies as well as in
educational institutions for Economically Backward Persons in the General Caste’s
Category of the State. The Criteria for consideration as economically backward will
be as under:-
- ‘Family’ for the purposes of the applicant seeking reservation as ‘economically
backward’ is defined as follows:-
- Head of Family and his/her spouse;
- Dependent children and their spouses;
- Unmarried dependent brothers and sisters.
- The total annual income of the family of the applicant should not cumulatively exceed
Rs. 2, 50,000/- per annum from all sources including agricultural income.
- In case any person in the family, as described in (i) above, is income-tax/wealth
tax payee, benefit of reservation shall not be extended.
- Applicant or family as described in (i) above should not be in Class-I/Class-II
services of Government of India or State Government level or equivalent or hold
any equivalent post in any statutory board/corporation/university/society/trust
or an equivalent position in any public/private limited company or in any international
organization. Family shall be deemed to be in service as mentioned
above when a person in family has superannuated and/or has sought voluntary retirement
or has been dismissed/terminated/compulsory retired from such service.
- In case, family as described in (i) above, is engaged in a profession as doctor,
lawyer chartered accountant, income tax consultant, financial or management consultant,
engineer, architect, computer specialist, firm/TV artist, playwright, author, model,
media personnel or holds any elected/appointed office either under the Constitution
or in terms of any statue out of which emolument/salary is paid, criteria of income
as described in (ii) above shall be applicable.
- Family, as described above, should not be employed in any Military or Para-Military
services with Union of India in the rank of ‘Second Lieutenant’ or above
in the Army or any equivalent rank in other forces or Para-Military forces.
2. Reservation for economically backward persons shall be vertical and not horizontal.
3. The person who claims benefit of reservation under other categories shall not
be entitled in this category.
Dated, Chandigarh the 23.01.2013
Principal Secretary to Govt. Haryana
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and
Backward Classes Department
Note: The Candidate must produce a Certificate of 'The total annual income of
the family* from all sources including Agriculture income' from the organization
where parents are working or affidavit of income on stamp paper from notary that
annual income of the family* is not cumulatively exceed Rs. 2.50 lacs. from all
sources including Agriculture income'.
(C) Guidelines for Reservation:
- The Reservation of seats is as per the Reservation Policy of the Haryana Govt. and
is subject to any change/amendment made by the State Govt. from time to time.
- All the eligible candidates whether from Haryana or from Reserved Categories shall
also compete for seats allocated under All India Category.
- All eligible candidates of reserved categories shall be considered first for Haryana
Open Category seats.
- If a candidate of Haryana Open, SC and BC category also apply for Persons with Disabilities/
ESM/DFF category will be considered first for Haryana Open, SC and BC category
- If the reserved seat(s) of BC Block-A remain vacant, these will be filled up from
BC Block-B and vice-versa.
- Benefit of reservation will be given to all the reserved categories upto Final List
according to the reservation policy given in the Prospectus. In case at the time
of display of Final List the reserved seats of various categories other than S.C.
category, remain vacant and no eligible candidates of the reserved categories are
available, these vacant seats will be filled up on open merit basis at the time
of Final List. The vacant seats of SC category will not be converted.
- Candidates claiming reservation under Scheduled Caste will submit the certificate
as per Annexure-V, the Backward Class (Block A & B) will the submit the certificate
on the prescribed proforma as per Annexure-VI and an affidavit shall be furnished
by the candidate/both by the father and mother of the candidate as per Annexure
VII, that he/she is not covered under the criteria of Creamy Layer. Candidates claiming
reservation under Special Backward Class and Economically Backward Persons in the
Genaral Caste Category will submit the certificate as per Annexure-VI-A and VI-B,
- Only those candidates having a permanent disability of not less than 40% (being
otherwise fit for admission to the course) will be considered for admission. Persons
with Disabilities will have to produce the Disability Certificate issued by the
Chief Medical Officer of the concerned District. However, the certificate shall
be subject to verification by a Medical Board constituted by the university for
the purpose. The decision of the Board shall be final. Persons with Disabilities
candidates belonging to Haryana are required to submit the certificate as per Annexure-VIII.
However, Medical Certificate already issued by the Competent Authority will also
- Children & Grand-Children of Freedom Fighters of Haryana are required to submit
a certificate from the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District as per Annexure-IX
at the time of admission.
- Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Haryana are required to submit the certificate as per
- For the horizontal reservation, candidates of Haryana Open, S.C., B.C. and Spl.
BC categories will also have to furnish E.S.M. /D.F.F. certificate.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from a University in the
State of Haryana will be deemed to be Haryana residents and will not be required
to submit certificate of Bonafide residents of Haryana.
- Reservation policy is not applicable on Private Educational Institutions
(SELF FINANCING SCHEME Colleges) which receive no aid from the State irrespective
of the mode of Examination i.e. either by themselves or by Nodal Authority vide
Memo No. 18/170-07 UNP(4) dated 27.8.2007 from Commissioner and Secretary to Government
Haryana, Education Department, Chandigarh.
- A person belonging to the General Category married to a person belonging to the
Scheduled Caste or Backward Classes, he/ she shall not be entitled to the benefit
of reservation vide. Letter No. 22/57/2007-3GS-III dated 6/9/2007 from the Chief
Secretary to Govt., Haryana.
- As per orders passed by the Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court in LPA
98/2013, Ishwar Singh v/s KUK & ORS, preference will be given to the Ex-Servicemen
first as before giving admission to the wards as well as to give the admission to
the Appellant in B.Ed. course for the session 2013-14 against Ex-Servicemen quota
in University College of Education, K.U. Kurukshetra.
News & Events